Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Saturday, August 13, 2011

You got a bit of stuffing on your face. . .

I had my first commercial audition in a long time, they were looking for Mom types to do some cooking tutorials for a stuffing company. Thank you agent for finding something that I may be a good fit for in this transitional stage of post baby 1 and pre baby 2.

It was a production just to make it to the audition but I went. I lined up a friend to babysit lion paw and scheduled our whole day around the audition:

Morning nap – wash, dry hair, pick out and set out clothes.

Morning playtime – run to target with nearby playground and pick up prints of temporary headshots.

Afternoon nap – print resume, set up GPS, hot roll hair, do makeup, pack babysitting bag, eat, brush teeth, repowder, wonder what I would do if my baby didn’t nap. . .

After afternoon nap, I was ready to chase my dream but not without first having to change a diaper. Nothing takes that glamorous “this is my moment” moment away like changing stinky - sticky doo doo, especially with lion paw currently in the phase of reaching down, touching doo and then touching you. I hadn’t changed a diaper with my hair down for a long time, between keeping his hands and my hair out of the doo doo I broke a sweat on my freshly powdered brow.

When I was an accountant I used to hate that I would show up to an audition with 4 to 6 hours of math on my face, but I think that that’s a whole lot more appealing than doo doo.

Nonetheless I changed the diaper and chased the dream. In that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment