Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Friday, October 14, 2011

I am the people of wal-mart

Last Saturday I went on a four mile hike with my lil lion paw. Yes, I toted all 27 L-Bs of that boy down a hill and to a waterfall and then back up. It was a beautiful hike down, the rain had fallen earlier in the week making the air smell fresh and the usual California dust non-existent. At the end of the hike down there was a beautiful waterfall! I couldn't wait to get my water baby in that fresh spring, he even came dressed in his swim diaper. That was my mistake. As I prepared to put him in the water I noticed a stench from him and then all over me. As my mommy friend says "Those swim diapers don't hold shit" and they certainly don't as it was all over him and all over me. Luckily I had packed some extra clothes in my fanny pack with his diapers, I changed him and he was fine but I certainly didn't bring any other clothes for me, so I took off my t-shirt and worked my sports bra and my post baby soft belly all the way back up the hill. I was lucky because my Ergo Baby carrier covered me while I huffed and puffed up the hill. However, the hike was out in Santa Anita, just two exits from a Wal-Mart. This midwestern gal cannot be that close to a Wal-mart without going in, even if I don't have a shirt, so I did. And it was embarassing. I figured maybe I'd be lucky enough to get an entry in the people of wal-mart blog. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment