Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Informerical Testimonials and Commerical Auditions - Oh my!

Tuesday was the best day in a long time! It reminded me why I came out to LA! Sure it was just a small informerical shoot but I still had a call time, call sheet, hair and makeup, wardrobe and lots of camera time, so YAY ME!!!  I dropped off lion paw at 7AM in Eagle Rock then jetted over to Studio City, got lost on a canyon road and just barely made my 7:45 Hair and Makeup call.  I felt so pretty getting all done up and I felt fab in front of the camera with the lights beating down, the boom looming over my face, and people looking at me in the monitor. . . if only I could have been anybody but myself! But I played me and raved about the project I had REALLY tried for a WHOLE WEEK!  Then I did some B-Roll demo of the product and was ready to go pick up lion paw and get back to my humdrum life! But no sooner had I gotten in the car to head back to Eagle Rock when my longtime agent called me with a national commerical audition that I was the PERFECT fit for!  I needed to be in WeHo by 5, it was 1:30, I had to pick up baby, go home, get audition attire, do hair and makeup - wait, I just had that done professionally - ok so BONUS, get resume, find an evening babysitter, probably should eat something, ok, I. Can. Do. This.  Luckily I found a friend who would watch him during audition but I had to pick her up in NoHo at 4, I did, she was about 6 minutes late coming to the car, which in adult time is nothing but in baby time its EVERYTHING!!! So the lion paw lost it and screamed all down Laurel Canyon road from Noho to Weho, but I pressed on, pumping him full of rice rusks and plum baby food packets.  Got to the audition location, Hail Mary Full of Grace I found an AWESOME parking space, got lion paw and sitter set up with a stroller and then jetted across the street and up the stairs to my audition.  I stopped, gathered myself, then went in, it was one of those less than 5 minute auditions, the type where you are like, wow I have been prepping for this for 3.5 hours and driving for .75 hr just to walk in for 5 minutes and hope that I have what you want!  But I did it! I did great but I didn't have what they want, but whatever.  Went out grabbed my baby, drove home and collapsed into bed, remembering the days of when juggling a full time job and auditioning was hard thinking about how juggling a babyand auditioning is WAY HARDER! But I keep on keeping on hoping for my next callsheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment