Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pardon my stroller, Mr. Porsche

I took Nehe out in Los Angeles today, we ventured to the west side, something I always do with dread because of the traffic. I met a friend for coffee, I parked my car and on the way in I overheard a man outside the store literally having a conversation about $50 million dollars, nice. I rolled my stroller in and a handsome man opened the door for me, double nice and the first time in LA that someone has opened the door for me with the stroller, Nehe is four months old but that fact is shockingly true. When we were done with coffee I left and noticed that a super new, shiny black Porsche was parked next to me. As I wielded the stroller through the tiny opening I was careful not to touch it for fear that my baby’s carriage would leave a big scratch along the side. As I was putting stuff in the trunk, taking my time I looked up to see a man standing behind my stroller giving me the stink eye. Apparently my stroller was blocking his car door and he couldn’t make the words to ask me to move it. I said, “Oh sorry” and quickly moved my stroller with a sweet grin on my face, still no words as he stormed past me and into his car as if to say how dare you and your stroller be in front of my Porsche. Jerk. I can play snob too. I’ll have you know that this is no $80 Graco I am pushing around, this is a top of the line BOB Revolution that set me and my husband back $400. I should have let BOB scrape that Porsche.

No comments:

Post a Comment