Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Chasing Dreams and Changing Diapers

Monday, February 7, 2011

I get why moms are crazy

I spend all day with my son secretly at times I long to get away from him, to just have a break from him constantly needing me. The hubs and I go out on one date a month, these date nights are the longest times I am away from my son. As the sitter usually feeds him and we are gone in the night I can be away from him for 8 to 10 hours. When I get home I find myself pacing around begging for him to wake up, crazy with worry and desire to see him and to be with him. I worry about him, I ache deep inside, I feel crazy and then I get it – I get why moms are crazy, why they go insane when we are teenagers and start to be more independent and when we go off to college and when we get jobs and move aways. Now that I have a son I get that craziness that insane desire to be with someone all of the time, to constantly want to know what and how they are doing, its not out of control its out of love, that crazy love that a mother has for her child. That crazy love that when you finally get a second free from that crying, stinky, drooling mess of a baby all you want to do is be right back there with them sporting that lovely eau de puke. I get it. I see my mom differently now. She just wants to be with me all of the time even when she doesn’t want to be with me. I get it. I’m now one of those crazy people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment